This is Lili's OLD WEBSITE! Go to liliwilkinson.com.au for the shiny, better, more up-to-date, awesome version.

27 August 2006

My favourite things about regional Victoria (week two of tour)

1. the Eaglehawk cinema. One aged town hall; one screen; twenty sofas; glass of wine; Tristram Shandy. Highly recommended.
2. vanilla slices in Ouyen
3. watching actor Robin literally climb the walls of Gilmore College
4. seeing a wedge-tailed eagle eating a dead kangaroo
5. having reason to say Boort and Manangatang over and over again.

(and not-so-favourite things about regional Victoria)
1. unheated school gyms at 8am
2. the prison-issue furniture and Unpleasent Smell at the Oyuen motel
3. realising in Murrayville that I could be at my grandma's house in Adelaide for lunch, but I wasn't getting back to Melbourne until after dinner.

2 comments:

Christopher Miles said...

Ah yes, the snot blocks in Ouyen are second to none.

Jellyfish said...

Re. favorite 3, funny, that's exactly the response I used to get when I had to visit Gilmore College - and more often than not it was what most of the students seemed to be doing, too.

Re. favorite 5 - 'Come along, Boort!' Oh, you were thinking it.

Re. UNfavorite 1 - Oh Lord, how I do sympathise! I recall my brief career as a theatre in education 'artiste' and the feel of ICE COLD LINO beneath my little bare feet at 7.45 am. AWFUL!