This is Lili's OLD WEBSITE! Go to liliwilkinson.com.au for the shiny, better, more up-to-date, awesome version.

27 July 2008

37 Odd Things About Me

I just read and adored E Lockhart's The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks, so much so that I have stolen this meme from E's blog in the hope that some of her genius will rub off on me.

1. Do you like blue cheese?
Oh, yes. Especially mixed in with mac and cheese, a tin of tuna, some fried onion and some frozen peas. Nommy.

2. Have you ever smoked?
Not in the sense that would have made me a smoker. I have tried it. Didn't like it. Stinky.

3. Do you own a gun?
No. Can you tell this meme originated in the US?

4. What flavor Kool Aid was your favorite? 
Also a US question. We don't has a Kool Aid in the Land of Oz. But a quick trip to Wikipedia has informed me that it was originally called "Fruit Smack", which seems somehow appropriate given the whole Jonestown thing. Having said that, further Wikipediaing has revealed that the Jim Jones mass suicide thing was actually Flavor Aid, not Kool Aid.

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments?
Nope. Nor dentist. Going to the dentist is kind of like paying a nice man $200 to tell you how perfect you are. Worth every penny. 

6. What do you think of hot dogs?
I confess I don't spend a lot of time thinking about hot dogs. But I do like a good sausage-in-bread.

7. Favorite Christmas movie?
The Muppet Christmas Carol

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
Black English Breakfast tea.

9. Can you do push ups?
Yes. Will I? Absolutely not.

10. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? 
A brass locket shaped like a book with a page of Through the Looking Glass inside.

11. Favorite hobby?
Reading. Closely followed by television, procrastination, crochet and sass.

12. Do you have A.D.D.?
It doesn't appear so.

13. Do you wear glasses/contacts?
Glasses for reading and other close work.

14. Middle name?
Mei-Ling.

15. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment?
My finger hurts. It's very cold today. Is it Sunday-nap-time?

16. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink?
Water. Tea. Red wine.

17. Current worry?
The Inkys/my latest novel/global warming

18. Current hate right now?
a) People who use "learning" as a noun, ie. "I think the potential for learnings are high"
b) The film I saw yesterday.

19. Favorite place to be?
Right here. Couch. Home.

20. How did you bring in the new year?
I dragged my fractured foot and me to my parents' place by the beach and sweltered.

21. Where would you like to go? 
The North Fitzroy Star for a cosy dinner with my favourite peeps. I am lucky.

22. Name three people who will complete this? 
You, you, and you, over there, up the back.

23. Do you own slippers? 
Am wearing Ugg Boots right now. They make my feet happy.

24. What shirt are you wearing?
A pink cashmere jumper purchased at UNIQLO New York.

25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets?
No. Sticky. But my new sheets are some kind of Palestinian uber-cotton that is so soft it could be satin.

26. Can you whistle?
Yes, to Figgy's delight.

27. Favorite color?
Depends what for. Clothes? I'm wearing a lot of blue. Crockery? White. Lipstick? I have a peachy one I'm very fond of. Wine? Always red.

28. Would you be a pirate?
Not the peg-legged, scurvy, aaarrrgggh kind of pirate. But it is possible that I have, in the past, engaged in activities that might legally make me a pirate. I may do those things again. Maybe. Officer.

29. What songs do you sing in the shower?
Usually whatever my iPod alarm woke me up with. This morning it was What Is This Feeling from Wicked.

30. Favorite Girl's Name?
I'm not great with girl's names. I like Ingrid. And Evelyn.

31. Favorite boy's name? 
I rather ironically have a thing for Biblical boy's names. Caleb, Elias, Gabriel, Gideon, Isaac, Micah, Reuben. And I also like Finnegan and Finbar.

32. What's in your pocket right now? 
Nothing. Girls and pockets don't mix.

33. Last thing that made you laugh? 
Looking at the stupid photos we took last night at the pub, which were "stills" from dreadful telemovies. You know, like the one where the heiress left all her money to the pool-boy who then murdered her but her seven-year-old nephew witnessed the whole thing and dropped his salamander? Or the one with the bulimic figure-skater? Or the girl who got sent to prison after murdering her parents and then got abused by her warden?

34. What vehicle do you drive? 
I own a dark green Suzuki hatchbacky thing. But I don't drive it very often.

35. Worst injury you've ever had? 
Dad and I had a bike accident when I was 4 that involved a really steep hill and a gravel pit, and resulted in the breaking of Dad's collarbone and 7 stitches in my forehead. Wanna see my scar?

36. Do you love where you live? 
Yes. My house, my suburb, my city, my country. Sometimes I don't necessarily love all the other people who share it with me, but that's why I'm currently living alone.

37. How many TVs do you have in your house?
One. I am morally opposed to TV in bedrooms. Except when the Olympics are on, then it's allowed.

No comments: